The learn-to-play hockey program is geared towards the beginning player with an emphasis on skill development. Players are divided into groups and instructed by experienced, USA Hockey certified coaches. Children who participate in the program are given priority registration status for PHA Hockey teams the following fall, if age eligible
Learn to Play Hockey
Instructional Program 2019-2020 Season
This is an intro to hockey program and is intended for players 4 to 9 years of age
(birth years 2010-2015)
Players require basic skating ability prior to enrollment in order to get the most benefit from this Learn to Play Hockey program. At a minimum, player should be able to forward skate (unassisted) and perform a snowplow stop. If the player is unable to perform basic skating skills, please register for our Learn to Skate program.
• The season runs September 7 through April 25 and is divided into sessions consisting of seven skates. There will be no skates on 11/30,12/21, 12/28,2/1,4/4,4/11
• Session Cost is $85*.
• On-ice skill development Saturdays 2:00pm-2:50pm.
• All sessions held at the Plymouth Cultural Center (525 Farmer, Plymouth).
• Session #350100-01 skates September 7 through October 19
• Session #350100-03 skates October 26 through December 14 (no skate on Nov 30)
• Session #350100-05 skates January 4 through Feb 22 (no skate on Feb 1)
• Session #350100-07 skates February 29 through April 25 (no skates April 4 & 11)
FULL EQUIPMENT IS REQUIRED and includes athletic supporter with cup (boys) or pelvis protector (girls), shin guards, hockey socks, hockey pants, elbow pads, shoulder pads, jersey, unexpired hockey helmet with full face guard, neck guard, gloves, skates and ice hockey stick. A limited number of gear sets are available to borrow from the Recreation Department for use during the program and can be reserved on-line when registering.
PLEASE NOTE: If a refund is desired, the request must be made at least 14 days before the start of the session. We are unable to issue credit or offer make-up skates for missed dates.
Recreation Office Window Hours: Monday through Friday, 11:30am-4:00pm.
For more information call (734) 455-6620 x 0 OR contact the Recreation Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org