The learn-to-play hockey program is geared towards the beginning player with an emphasis on skill development. Players are divided into groups and instructed by experienced, USA Hockey certified coaches. Children who participate in the program are given priority registration status for PHA Hockey teams the following fall, if age eligible
Learn to Play Hockey
Instructional Program 2020-2021 Season
This is an intro to hockey program and is intended for players 4 to 9 years of age
(birth years 2011-2016)
Players require basic skating ability prior to enrollment in order to get the most benefit from this Learn to Play Hockey program. At a minimum, player should be able to forward skate (unassisted) and perform a snowplow stop. If the player is unable to perform basic skating skills, please register for our Learn to Skate program.
• The season runs September 13 through April 18 and is divided into four sessions, seven weeks per session.
• Session Cost is $85, ($78 for City of Plymouth Residents)
• On-ice skill development Sundays 2:00pm-2:50pm.
• All sessions held at the Plymouth Cultural Center (525 Farmer, Plymouth).
• Session I (#350100-01) skates September 13 through October 25
• Session II (#350100-03) skates November 1 through December 20 (no skate on Nov. 29)
• Session III (#350100-05) skates January 3 through Feb 14
• Session IV (#350100-07) skates February 21 through April 18 (no skates March 28 & April 4)
FULL EQUIPMENT IS REQUIRED and includes athletic supporter with cup (boys) or pelvis protector (girls), shin guards, hockey socks, hockey pants, elbow pads, shoulder pads, jersey, unexpired hockey helmet with full face guard, neck guard, gloves, skates and ice hockey stick. A limited number of gear sets are available to borrow from the Recreation Department for use during the program and can be reserved on-line when registering.
PLEASE NOTE: If a refund is desired, the request must be made at least 14 days before the start of the session. We are unable to issue credit or offer make-up skates for missed dates.
Recreation Office Window Hours: Monday through Friday, 11:30am-4:00pm.
For more information call (734) 455-6620 x 0 OR contact the Recreation Office at: email@example.com